27 November 2014

Jesus Likes Seeing People Praising God

Luke 17:11-19

Lord, thank you for my life. Thank you for knitting me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for my health. Thank you that I don't know what it's like to have to go hungry. Thank you that I didn't grow up worrying about where I was going to sleep. Thank you for parents, grandparents, aunts and churches who taught me what it was like to be loved and safe. Thank you for a happy, innocent childhood. Thank you for parents who took seriously your gift and teachings on marriage. Thank you for parents who listened to you and raised me in your ways. Thank you for raising me in a nation that has allowed me to worship you without fear. Thank you for parents who valued all people, no matter their abilities, no matter their age, no matter their bank account, no matter where they live and taught me to do the same. Thank you for the gifts and abilities you have given to me. Thank you for the ability to serve in your kingdom and disciplining me to bless others the way you have blessed me. Thank you for your church. Thank you for teaching me the value of brothers and sisters who come alongside to help and spur on toward love and good deeds. Thank you for giving me a true partner in the ministry who takes seriously your gift and teachings on marriage. Thank you for four children who are growing up kind and loving with a true desire to love people the way you have loved them. Thank you for continued laughter. Thank you for the ability to sit with a grieving friend in silence. Thank you for each and every person you have placed in my sight that teach me another facet of the diamond of this world. Thank you for your communication with us given in your Word. Thank you for telling me exactly what you expect and the attitude I am to live with. Thank you for your Spirit that does what I am unable to do on my own - change for the better from the inside out. Thank you for your Son. Thank you that thousands of years later, he still answers the plea, "Jesus, master, have pity on us."

If you love people, you will be taken advantage. If you love people, you will be taken for granted. If you love people, not everyone you love will say "Thank You".

Do you know how I know this is true? Because often I forget how incredibly blessed I am and how much mercy He has shown to me.

At the start of the day, at the end of the day, don't forget to say thank you. Thank your family. Thank your friends. But,most of all, thank your Father in heaven.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you, Lance. I'm thankful for your faithful teaching at church and for me now on your blog. God has truly blessed me in so many things. Praise Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Peter.

    ReplyDelete